Founded in 1909, Hebei Chemical & Pharmaceutical College was originally known as the “Zhi Li Tuition School”
established by the Qing government in Baoding. Having experienced several developments and changes, it was
renamed as “Hebei Chemical Engineering School” in 1982. And it was reconstructed and renamed as “Hebei Chemical & Pharmaceutical College” in May 2002 with the approval of the Hebei Provincial Government. Such
upgrade means it has entered the ranks of higher vocational education.