Shanghai University is one of the key universities in the "Project 211". The current president of the university is Professor CHIEN Weichang, a famous educator, scientist, social activist and member of Chinese Academy of Sciences. The Party Secretary of Shanghai University is Professor YU Xinhui and the Executive Vice President is Professor ZHOU Zhewei. Shanghai University has a highly qualified and experienced team of faculty. There are currently more than 2,500 full-time faculty members with 11 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering. Among all faculty members, 428 are full professors (16.97%) and 765 are associate professors (30.33%). Shanghai University has three campuses with an area of more than 2,000,000 square meters in total and the building area of the library is 64,000 square meters. The library has a collection of over 3.4 million volumes and over 3,600 periodicals, including 530 international periodicals, and more than 60 network and CD-ROM databases. There are many excellent teaching facilities including experimental centers and multi-media classrooms and sports facilities. The three campuses are connected by optical cable.
18th Chinese University by QS
69th Asian university by QS
34th Chinese university by the Times
94TH BRICS University by the Times
42ND Effective Patents Nationwide
6 WORLD TOP 1% DISCIPLINES BY ESI:(2016)
Physics, Chemistry, Material Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, and Clinical Medicine
4 National Key disciplines:(2016)
Ferrous Metallurgy, Mechatronic Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, and Sociology
1. The accommodation of international students is arranged by the College Logistics Service Centre, which, in principle, will arrange a twin-bed or four-bed room for language students, undergraduate and graduate students, and a single-bed room for PHD students if possible.
2. Male and female students are required to stay in separate rooms. Couples intending to live together are required to present the legal documentation proving their marriage status.
3. On the premise of the availability of the apartments, students may move in an extra three days prior to the registration date and move out an extra four days after the end of a semester, though only for long-term students and subject to the school calendar. Beyond such period, there will be no arrangement of accommodation.
4. On the premises of the availability of the apartments, accommodation during summer and winter vacation can be arranged for long-term students.
5. If the availability of the apartments changes, students shall follow the overall arrangement made by the university.
6. In general, room change is not allowed without authorization. Any change shall be subject to the approval of the College Logistics Service Centre with due explanation. If there is any serious damage to the rooms and facilities within, please inform the front desk. The apartment manager will arrange the repair or replacement depending on actual circumstances.