1. Chongqing Three Gorges University (CTGU) Introduction
Chongqing Three Gorges University (CTGU), set up in 1956, is a state-owned general university under the Chongqing Municipal Education Commission. It is located in Wanzhou, the heart of the Three Gorges Dam Areas by the Changjiang River. It presently has a total enrolment over 13 000 students. Bachelor Degree is available for the students. CTGU has established cooperation and exchange relationship with many universities both domestic and abroad including programs in respect of students, teachers and scientific researches. In 2007, CTGU founded a Confucius Institute at Community College of Denver in Colorado，U.S.A. CTGU occupies the leading position in China in the researches on the Three Gorges’ Cultural, the Three Gorges Folk Arts, Migration Economical Development, Environmental and Ecological Preservation of the Dam Areas. Besides the scholarship founded by Chongqing Municipal Government, Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) by Hanban, CTGU also set the “President International Student Scholarship” and has other preferential policies for the international students. 50% of the international students were awarded the Chongqing Municipal Government scholarship during 2006-2008.
2. Chongqing Three Gorges University (CTGU) Review
"This university is located in humid subtropical monsoon zone, it has four distinct seasons: mild climate and fog in winter, hot and drought in summer; uncertain temperature in spring and cool rain in autumn." -Jerry
3. Chongqing Three Gorges University (CTGU) Teaching quality
-906 full time teachers including more than 400 professors and associate professors.
1. Overseas students’ apartments on campus (at Diaoyanping Campus, with two bedrooms, a living room, a bathroom and a kitchen; equipped with TV set, air-conditioner, telephone, refrigerator, washing machine, computer, and internet interface): RMB￥600 per month (6000RMB/academic year) per person to live in one apartment or 300 RMB per month (3000RMB/academic year) per person for two persons to share the apartment. (Fees for natural gas, electricity, water and telephone are not included).
2. Chinese students’ apartments on campus (at both Diaoyanping Campus and Bai’an Campus, with a bedroom and a bathroom, internet interface, 4~6 students share one apartment): RMB￥1,000~1,200 per academic year per person. (Chinese students have priority)
3. Outside-campus lodging is allowed when student gets permissions of his/her custody and the International Office. And a registration shall be done at the International Office.