Detailed Information About Capital Normal University

Capital Normal University
City: Beijing
Level: Ordinary
Type: Comprehensive
Location: Urban
Attribute: Public
Introduction of Capital Normal University

Capital Normal University (CNU), established in 1954, is a key comprehensive university supported and funded by Beijing Municipal Government, embracing liberal arts, sciences,engineering, management, law, education, fine arts and music etc.

CNU greatly values academic exchanges and has signed cooperation agreements with 193 foreign universities and institutions from 32 countries and regions. Confucius Institutes were jointly set up in St. Petersburg State University in Russia, University of Minnesota in America, University of Venice in Italy, University of Piura in Peru, State University of New York at Buffalo in America and Bremen University of Science & Technology in German. In addition, as one of the earliest universities authorized by China’s Education Ministry to accept international students, Capital Normal University accepts about 2,000 long-term and short-term international students annually.

CNU is located at the west third ring road of Beijing with convenient public transportation of subway, buses and taxi. The campus is not far away from both the prosperous downtown in Beijing and world famous historical sites such as the Summer Palace and Forbidden City etc.


There are 1509 full-time teachers in CNU of which 299 are professors, 540 are associate professors, 818 have doctoral degree and 510 have master's degree. 88% of full-time teachers have master’s degree or doctoral degree. Now there are a number of experts and scholars who have academic influences at home and abroad. There are 6 academicians of Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering, 1 academician of Russian Academy of Engineering, 3 members in Discipline Appraisal Group of Academic Degree Committee of State Council, 13 members in Teaching Advisory Committee of Education Ministry, 4 candidates in national "Thousand Talents" plan, 6 Yangtze River scholar professors, 1 Yangtze River Scholar Chair professors, 34 Beijing Technological New Stars, 176 Beijing "Outstanding Teachers", 35 Beijing Special Term Professors and 9 candidates of High-level Talents Scheme etc.

College of International Education has 50 full-time language teachers and about 40 part-time teachers, of which 2 are professors, 15 are associate professors and 9 master tutors. 32% teachers have doctoral degree. 80% have overseas teaching experience and certificate of Teaching Chinese as foreign Language (advanced level). CIE has undertaken various programs funded by Confucius Institution, China’s Education Ministry or Beijing Municipal Education Commission etc. Research results published on Chinese Teaching in the World and other academic journals.

Detailed Registration Guide

Arrival within the registration period is strongly advised because you will get the most supports and resources that will facilitate your registration and acclimation. Earlier or later arrival can be acceptable if only you’ve got permitted to do so by the university.
2.Registration Guide
Go to the designated registration spot. There may or may not be volunteers’ support on site to help you with your registration, Indicators and on-board instructions however can do you favors.
3.Finish Registration
For your own time saving and better preparation of trip, you may want to read the important notes that are as follows.
Note: If you fail to register within the period limit and are without a permitted extension, the admission will be regarded invalid.


I.  CUCAS Free Money Transfer Service- CUCAS provides this service with an aim at easing troubles for international students in terms of paying their tuition fee, accommodation fee and living expenses.
For details, please check /server/details?id=656.
II.  Western Union Money Transfer - It’s easy to send and receive money via this way.
III.  International Money Transfer
When you arrive in China, you can apply a local bank card using your passport, and then you will be able to do international transactions (if activated) in a more economical way. You will find more information about international rate and functions through the local bank.


1)Admission Documents issued by the university:
Admission Notice and JW 202 form (For students entering with X1/X2 visa)
Printed e-offer (For students entering with L visa)
No need to bring any admission documents (For students entering with L visa)
2)Physical Examination Certificate(For students whose study length is more than 6-month)
3)Academic Documents of Highest Education, including transcripts and graduation certificate(For degree-program students)
5)Passport Photos(8 copies of the photo, the same size as in the passport)
6)Temporary Residence Permit.(For students who live on campus or hotel, the university or the hotel will issue you a temporary residence permit; for students who rent house outside campus, these students should get it from the local public security bureau.)
7)International Insurance Card(For students who have purchased the international insurance in their own countries)


X1 visa
Students with an X1 visa who plan to stay in China for more than half a year must obtain the Residence Permit within 30 days of entry in China. Those who exceed this time limit are considered illegal residents. A physical examination is required when applying for the Residence Permit.
X2 visa
Students with an X2 visa are not required to hold a residence permit. “Intended days of stay” in the visa decides their days of stay in China.
L visa
Students having been suggested to enter China with tourist visa do not need to obtain their residence permits for their stay, because the period of validity of the visa usually covers the period of study. Please be noted when you apply for the visa, you need to indicate that your purpose of entry is for sightseeing.
According to China’s laws, international students, when going out of campus, must carry passports and other credentials to prove their legal stay in China.
International students have to apply the Residence Permits within 30 days after entering China and finishing their registrations.
For students who live on campus or hotel, the university or the hotel will issue you a temporary residence permit, and the university will provide help for these students to get the residence permit.
For students who rent house outside campus, they should go to the Public Bureau within 24 hours after enter China. And the public bureau will give details about the residence permit processing.

CUCAS Office
Tel: +86-10-82865135
9:00 – 12:00 & 13:00 – 18:00 (GMT+8)


Privacy Policy Terms of Use Legal Support Links Sitemap
© 2008 - 2020 Chiwest, Inc. All rights reserved
Immediate attention