Postuler à
Universités Chinoises
Admission Requirements

Each program at any Chinese universities has its own requirements for entry. Before you start your application, please read the Entry Requirements carefully while you're browsing the program's page. Make sure that you are able to meet the requirements and provide copies of the relevant documents.

In accordance with the types of programs, basic requirements of most universities are as follows:


General Entry Requirements

International students who want to study at Chinese universities must meet the general requirements set out by both the Chinese government and the university they apply to.

Admission Requirements of the Chinese Government

  1. 1. Applicant must be a real student, who holds a student or visitor visa;
  2. 2. No criminal records. Applicants from some countries are requested to provide a non-criminal certificate notarized and certified by the Chinese Embassy;
  3. 3. Some official sectors restrict the number of applicants from certain countries;
  4. 4. Applicants should have the appropriate qualifications and be able to meet all the requirements (in accordance with the school requirements), be in a reliable financial state and have a guarantor in China;
  5. 5. Transfer students need to provide the agreement certificate from the two schools.

For more information regarding the requirements of the Chinese Government, please contact with the Chinese Ministry of Education or China Scholarship Council.

Admission Requirements of Chinese Universities

In accordance with different levels of degree, Chinese universities have different requirements for all enrollees. Before applying, you must carefully review these requirements.

  • Usually, non-degree language and culture programs have minimum requirements; as long as you have obtained a high school diploma, you can apply for admission.
  • Chinese-medium degree programs (i.e. degree programs taught in Mandarin Chinese) require the applicant to provide HSK results to prove their Chinese language proficiency. Applicants for master's degrees also need to provide a copy of transcripts and recommendation letters.
  • English-medium programs do not require HSK results. Instead, applicants for English-medium programs should provide recognized English proficiency tests such as TOEFL or IELTS. (English native speakers or those who hold an academic degree taught in English need not provide test scores).
  • More and more universities are starting to offer international programs taught in English. These programs will no longer require HSK examination results and are suitable for international applicants.

This is a list of requirements for different programs: (Applicants may search for degree programs by degree level  according to your personal educational background and the following requirements.)

Type of Student Application and admission requirements Required HSK level Study time
Short-term student Secondary High school graduate or the equivalent (e.g. A-level, successful completion of Year 12, etc).In some of China's universities, any education background is accepted. No requirement 1 - 20 weeks
Language student Secondary High school graduate or the equivalent (e.g. A-level, successful completion of Year 12, etc). No requirement 1 - 2 years
Undergraduate or associate student Secondary High school graduate or the equivalent (e.g. A-level, successful completion of Year 12, etc). HSK level 4-6 (for Chinese-medium programs) Undergraduate student: 4 - 5 years;
Associate students: 2 - 3 years
Master's degree student Possession of a Bachelor's degree, at least two letters of recommendation from professors. HSK level 5-8 (for Chinese-medium programs) 2 - 3 years
Doctoral student Possession of a Master's degree, at least two recommendations from professors. HSK level 5-8 (for Chinese-medium programs) 3 years
Transfer student Student who is studying at another Chinese university should provide a sealed transfer letter from the Foreign Students' Office of current university; and meet other requirements according to degree level. Depending Depending
  • Required HSK Level: For more on HSK/Chinese Proficiency Test, please click here. Each school sets its own requirements.
  • Normally, a transfer student will not be accepted by any of  the Chinese universities.
  • Please note that GCSE holders are not admitted onto degree programs by China's universities; those students should apply for a one year program of Pre-College training (or International Foudation Year program) at the chosen university.
Online Consulting-

Leave a message and reply you soon!

Leave Message & Will Reply Soon